Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Cross Country Stories


Our stories about our experiences running the cross country.

At the start line……………

At the start line I felt like I was going to win. I could see people.  They were cheering for me.
By Parth

I came 5th in the cross country.  Ody  came  6th.  I pretended there was a tiger chasing me.  I heard most people cheering loudly for me.  I saw that I was coming 5th.  I felt I was running like a cheetah.
By Tim

At the start line I felt excited because I was going to run the cross country. I could see lots of people coming and I could see people cheering for me. 
By Benit

 I felt like I wanted to be first. I heard Mum and Dad cheering for me when I was running the cross country.  At the start of the race I felt I didn’t wasn’t to come last.  I tried my best to beat Thomas but I couldn’t beat Thomas.  He was too fast at the end. I finished the race and I didn’t come last.
By Adel

 At the start line I felt happy because I was going to go and run the cross country.  I was running as fast as I could go.
By Gemma

I felt like I was as fast as the wind at the start but I was also nervous too. I was faster than Thomas.  I heard cheering and shouting for me.  I felt great, I was trying my best. I heard my parents cheering and the other kids too.  It was amazing because I came second.  I got a medal.  It was fun. By Jongyoon

I felt full of energy at the start line. I was so happy because I wanted to be champion of all.  When I ran I felt like I was going to be 5th.  I could see my Dad and Mum and my Dad said “keep running’.  When I was at the finish line Parth tried to beat me, but I beat Parth.
By Iman

At the start line I was excited.  I had lots of energy.  I can see lots of adults and children cheering.  I can hear lots of cheering.
By Baxter

 I felt worried at the cross country because someone was in front of me but when I saw my brother cheer, I ran faster and I got a medal.  I saw people holding red flags so we know where to go.  I heard people cheering for me.  I felt really proud of myself.
By Lala

 
When the cross country happened I heard people cheering for me and Mr Harrison calling out.  I saw a goal post, hay bales and other children.  I felt happiness coming into my heart.  I could feel my heart getting happier and happier when my mum cheered for me.  When the cross country was over mum got a book.
By Clara

On cross country day I felt scared.  Daisy and I ran together but I came before Daisy and we sat together. At the end of my race I stayed with my Mum and brother and friend and sister.
By Nevaeh

At the start line I felt excited because I was hoping to win the cross country. I heard people cheering for me.  I saw my brother.  I felt a hand on my back. 
By Brodie

A the start line I felt excited because I was hoping to win, but I didn’t win.  I felt worried at the cross country because someone was in front of me but when my sister cheered I ran faster.  When I crossed the finishing line I was really tired.  My mum clapped for me.  My mum was proud.
By Ruby

 
When I had got to the cross country I felt like I was going to win.  It looked easy.  I felt like a bear in a race. “On your mark!  Go!” shouted Mr Harrison.  I ran very fast but not as fast as my friends.  I ran faster, faster and faster but I tripped. I saw my friends run past.  I heard my mummy yelling “go Daisy go, go, go Daisy go.”  I ran to the hay bales.  I felt worried and happy.  “Mum” I said before I finished “Thomas won”.

By Daisy

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful descriptions of your cross country races. I could really picture what you saw, heard, and how you felt.
    Ms Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, I love how you pretended you were being chased by a tiger.

    ReplyDelete